The Trip Begins

I've started this blog to keep my own record of the trip. Donna Sue will start her own blog shortly which I am sure will be more entertaining. In the meantime you can hear what I have to say. Who knows. Maybe she'll will post something before I do.

We finally departed Williston on Friday, May 27th, four days behind schedule. We opted to spend that evening at a Holiday Inn Express in Easton, PA, rather set up camp in the dark. Unfortunately I left a pair of prescription glasses at the inn which I am still trying to retrieve. Maybe I will get them tomorrow.

The next day we moved into French Creek State Park and spent the afternoon at the birthplace of Daniel Boone.

French Creek State Park was lovely and the bird sounds we're wonderful.

On Sunday we went to Philadelphia. We saw the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, and the home of Betsy Ross. We also visited the steps made famous by Rocky Balboa.
This is the room where it happened, room where it happened. Probably an incorrect Hamilton reference.
The home of Betsy Ross

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fairbanks (July 2024)

Houston and Waco, TX

Anchorage (June 2024)